Gun control
ladako
2009-04-14 08:53:20 UTC
Got this in e-mail.

A little bit of gun control history
Reply to: pers-egsfp-***@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-04-08, 10:35PM

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about
20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 6
million Jews and approximately 9 million Christians who were unable to
defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan
Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. >From 1975 to 1977, one million
educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because
of gun control: 60.6 million.

It has now been over 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by
new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own
Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million
dollars.
The first year results are now in:
List of 7 items:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed
robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12
months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the
ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety
has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in
successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience
and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes,
gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of
this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew
most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to
all of your friends.
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important
than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
Physicist
2009-04-14 11:28:14 UTC
What a crock of crap.
supplemental.
"~> Bob
2009-04-14 11:39:53 UTC
I guess I think more along the line of "gun regulation".
I think every gun buyer should have a background check to see if they
have a felony record or history of mental illness.
And I'd pretty much restrict guns to hand guns and hunting weapons.
No ak-47, no grenade launchers, etc.

"A well armed militia" doesn't mean Bubba gets an anti-tank weapon.

I grew up hunting and fishing and we had shotguns, rifles, and an
assortment of hand guns.
We had to take a gun safety course to get our hunting licenses when we
were kids.

I don't know why the average American needs to go beyond that.
I would register guns so if they're stolen or used in a crime they can
be traced.
ladako
be traced.
Dennis
be traced.
"~> Bob
2009-04-14 16:44:38 UTC
wayne once said an Uzi is needed to hunt Moose.
Dennis
2009-04-14 17:09:47 UTC
I guess if you wanted to take out a herd of them it would work...
lindt uber alles
2009-04-14 22:07:16 UTC
jackelopes
"~> Bob
2009-04-15 00:47:39 UTC
Post by lindt uber alles
jackelopes
Yes, we have a large problem here in New Mexico with jackelopes.
Mostly we sell 'em to the tourists though.
Dennis
2009-04-15 03:18:29 UTC
Don't pick them up by the ears.
lindt uber alles
2009-04-15 05:00:22 UTC
Post by Dennis
Don't pick them up by the ears.
thats for doggs
ladako
be traced.
lindt uber alles
2009-04-15 01:20:04 UTC
Post by ladako
A grizzly charging you at 50 feet.
it only takes one bullet to stop a grizzly
you just have to get it to the right place

spraying a grizzly with low power rounds that dont penetrate past muscles
might only make it ornier

the best thing is stay away from what they think belongs to them
ladako
2009-04-15 07:38:52 UTC
A charging grizzly doesn't give you much time to make a well placed shot.
They run faster than a horse. I'd feel better with the automatic fire
effect. Up in AK I talked to a fellow who had to stop a charging grizzly.
Fortunately he was a good shot.
"~> Bob
2009-04-15 12:23:02 UTC
I always thought you stop a charging grizzly by taking away his credit
card ?
ladako
2009-04-15 12:37:33 UTC
Oh man, you're sharp this morning!
card ?
Retired Oldman
2009-04-15 18:41:51 UTC
mair said;
the best thing is stay away from what they think belongs to them

the best thing is stay away from what i think belongs to me. :-)
..w...
Roxie
2009-04-15 02:22:03 UTC
Post by Physicist
What a crock of crap.
Date: 2009-04-08, 10:35PM
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
[...]
supplemental.- Hide quoted text -
which part of the above is a crock of crap?
Roxie
2009-04-16 03:31:35 UTC
Post by Physicist
What a crock of crap.
which part is a crock of crap????????
Dennis
2009-04-14 12:10:04 UTC
I get this and variations of it several times a week. Got to keep the
masses in fear that Obama is coming to take their guns away and they
won't be able to protect their family and property.
"~> Bob
2009-04-14 12:22:24 UTC
Post by Dennis
I get this and variations of it several times a week. Got to keep the
masses in fear that Obama is coming to take their guns away and they
won't be able to protect their family and property.
Reporters in Pittsburgh interviewed a friend and neighbor of the guy
who killed 3 cops recently.
OK ~ the killer was a nut. But his friend said one thing that drove
him over the edge was all the reporting on Fox that Obama was coming
to take his guns away.

Even after those deaths, Fox was saying Obama is waging an all out
assault on the 2nd ammendment and wanted to take your guns away. Fox
should take some blame for those 3 dead cops.
Dennis
2009-04-14 12:41:32 UTC
Fox reports what they believe is right so they are never wrong. They
believe they are the only news program that tells the truth so that
makes it true in their minds.
Retired Oldman
2009-04-15 18:36:45 UTC
The same could be said for CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, The New York Times
- virtually the entire MSM. ...w...

Dennis said;
makes it true in their minds.
Jo from aol friendship board
2009-04-14 13:19:31 UTC
Post by "~> Bob
Post by Dennis
I get this and variations of it several times a week. Got to keep the
masses in fear that Obama is coming to take their guns away and they
won't be able to protect their family and property.
Reporters in Pittsburgh interviewed a friend and neighbor of the guy
who killed 3 cops recently.
OK ~ the killer was a nut.  But his friend said one thing that drove
him over the edge was all the reporting on Fox that Obama was coming
to take his guns away.
Even after those deaths, Fox was saying Obama is waging an all out
assault on the 2nd ammendment and wanted to take your guns away.  Fox
should take some blame for those 3 dead cops.
I think alot of that does make sense..just because you don't have a
gun doesn't mean
some criminal won't have one and use it on you. Some people get kill
over hardly
any money...and if criminals KNOW you don't have a weapon, it can make
them think
more of robbing/killing someone who can't defend themselves...if they
want my guns-fine.
I would just get better with knives and bow and arrows! More than one
way to defend oneself
though I hope it never comes to that! gulp! scary! We are also out in
the country part and it
would take cops at "least" twice as long to reach a place out here.
So just boobie trap
your place(?) huh? lol!
Retired Oldman
2009-04-15 04:43:56 UTC
You can't set booby traps, either, Jo. Another article in the news
awhile back was about a man who had a rental property getting vandalized
regularly. He set a shotgun device up, the criminal got shot, the
homeowner went to jail.
In another case, an abandoned factory became a playground for
neighborhood teens, until one of them was seriously injured. The law
said the owner had created an "attractive nuisance," and had to pay the
kids medical bills and tear down or fence off the property.
Sometimes it's just hard to figure out what to do.

..w...